Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hummus

Oh look I still have a blog!

Getting ready for the Super Bowl and one of the things I decided to do was make Hummus for the vegetarian crowd coming to our party.  I believe Hummus is usually gluten free anyway but my recipe I made for the party exceeded my expectations in taste, and it's so simple to make!

1/4 c Tahini (sometimes called seseme tahini paste)
1 lemon - juiced
1 T ground cumin
2 garlic cloves minced (or more to taste)
1.5 cans of chickpeas drained
4 T olive oil
3/4 c hot water
Pretty much just put all the ingredients into a food processor except the hot water which you drizzle in and blend til it looks like hummus.

After you taste it if it is a little bland you can add a little more cumin and garlic.  Mine was a little bland at first and I added more of those things and it turned out amazing.  My recipe does take into account the additions of the cumin and garlic I added to the end, but I didn't have exact measurements so you may have to add a little more.  Also adding a little salt and pepper can enhance the flavor as well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment