Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin-Apple BBQ Sauce

So continue my pumpkin obsession I prepared this awesome bbq recipe that I put on pulled pork, which I used the same recipe as what I posted earlier on here.  You'll see that there are some similarities to my BBQ recipe that goes along with the pulled pork that I posted before.  Also to make the pumpkin puree, just follow the instructions in the Pumpkin Cake post, though you can also used canned puree, not everyone has the time to roast pumpkins for a few hours.  I'm one of those strange people that does that sort of thing for fun.  Sadly I have no pictures of the making of this since it was pretty boring to look at in the blender and while it was simmering. 

Pumpkin Apple BBQ Sauce

1c Apple Cider Vinegar
2c Pumpkin Puree
1 Red Onion, diced
3 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1/2c Brown Sugar
1c Applesauce
4-5 shakes Worchestershire
1/2c Ketchup
1 Orange, juiced
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
10 shakes Frank's Red Hot
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 Tbsp Thyme

Put everything into a food processor and blend until smooth.  You can use a blender as well, but I prefer the food processor.  Once smooth put it into a sauce pan and simmer for at least 30 minutes.  Use this BBQ sauce on anything you like, but it was really good on the pulled pork.

Enjoy!

1 comment: