Thursday, February 26, 2009

Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup

So today I had the motivation to cook soup so I could have food for a couple days. I went to walmart browsing the aisles and saw that butternut squash was on sale. So I immediately grabbed one and thought about what else I could add to it. The result omg so good! So I figured I'd share the recipe.

1 Butternut Squash
2 Sweet Potatoes
1/2 onion
1 box of chicken stock
TT Cinnamon
TT Salt
TT Pepper

I cut up the squash and potatoes to half inch blocks and julienned the onions. I added a small amount of oil to a pan and sauteed the squash, potatoes, and onion until a good aroma is coming out of the pan. I then added the chicken stock which almost completely covered all the stuff. I then brought it up to a boil then reduced to a simmer and cooked until everything was soft. I then added the spices and pureed the whole mixture together until smooth.

The end result is a blend of sweet and savory that is perfect for a cool night. One bowl easily fills you up and warms you up. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment